In School French Language Leadership Training
My French Club Foundation offers a French Language Leadership Training to High schoolers (grade 9, 10, 11 or 12), University Students and Adults. We would introduce them to methods and techniques on how to be effective in teaching the French Language to non-French speaking children aged 5 to 15 years old so the latter group can retain and become fluent in French.
“Docendo discimus!” The best way to learn is to teach!
Our engaging 3 hours training sessions will be delivered entirely in French and will cover the following:
- Responsibilities and duties of a French Instructor towards parents, children
- Ideas on Francophone culture learning experiences
- How to make learning French fun and appealing to young students
- How to select songs and dances to the tune of current popular French songs
- Leadership videos about problem-solving in a camp setup
- Coaching activities for leadership
- Sport/games ideas
- Techniques on how to maintain interest for continuous learning
- Effective reward systems to motivate children to continuously speak in French
Our training consists in utilizing engaging and sensory resources on how to teach French as a second language effectively. By having all their senses stimulated, such as auditory through songs, taste through food games, sight through videos with subtitles, kinesthetic through dancing, the students would be fully engaged in their learning thus developing a greater interest towards French.
- Acquire skills to lead as a French Camp Mentor, Instructor, Director, Supervisor or Youth Leader
- Better equipped in dealing with younger students from 5 to 12 years old
- Reinforce their French skills (oral, written, listening, reading)
- Why continuing your studies in French matter
- Acquire innovative teaching methods and techniques
- New language qualification on their resume
- Hands-on training to be able to increase their chances of getting employment in this field and to test out if teaching or mentoring is a career they would like to have
- Gain more perspective on different ways of learning
- Certificate of completion
- Enhance learning and overall performance of students by showing them various methods of learning French that they can incorporate into their own learning
- Provide more resources to the teachers already teaching French so that they can have more interactive and relevant activities and methods to increase participation and learning in the classroom
- Enrich your French programs offering in your school
- Provide more hands-on training to students and real-life scenarios about teaching
Training is offered in your school or in your organisation. We primarily serve Mississauga and Oakville. We can conduct training in the GTA area for additional cost based on mileage.
A flat rate of $600/training to be paid by cheque payable to My French Club Foundation or by e-transfer to email@example.com
3-hour session provided in school with light refreshments served.
Flexible timing is available during the school year for 2019/2020. Send us an email with your preferred day and time and we will try our best to accommodate your request.
Only 15 presentation sessions offered throughout the school year and available on a first come first serve basis.
Contact us with your preferred date, time, location and number of students at firstname.lastname@example.org
My French Club Foundation is a non-profit organization composed of a team of passionate and enthusiastic Francophones educators who have a great positive attitude and outstanding coaching skills that we deliver to all our students. We offer a wide variety of French educational programs to children and adults and our programs are designed to help anyone with diverse French needs to achieve their goals. We are currently located in Mississauga and Oakville.