Registration is now open for the Summer session (July – Sept 2018)
These 8 to 10-week classes are designed to give students a strong French-language foundation. You will have the opportunity to quickly master basic oral conversations and will have the liberty to thoroughly practice your French, thanks to our small class sizes. Our instructors will teach you will common vocabulary, proper pronunciation, various tenses, popular dialogues, regular/irregular verbs and good grammar (fem/masc, pronouns, demonstratives, etc.).
These intensive classes require students to regularly do their homework, memorize and revise their previous lessons. Students are expected to come prepared to class, as it is a challenging program because there is a lot to learn. Our experienced instructors help students to reach their full potential in these classes. The results are worth it and YES, you will be able to have a French conversation!
Our French Advanced Conversational Class requires an intermediate to advanced level of French. This class will give you plenty of quality time to practice your conversational skills on various topics based on contemporary themes. You will be challenged to improve your language skills with various support, such as the use of text, audio interviews, news articles, songs and classical texts. If you’re interested in refining your French expressions and become more fluent in everyday conversation, this class will help you achieve this goal. We offer this class in a small interactive and social environment.
As space is limited due to the small teacher-student ratio, we encourage you to register sooner rather than later because all our adult classes fill up very fast!
The price is only $270 for 20 hours of instruction over a span of 8-10 weeks. The French book ($25 value) is included!
Summer 2018 Schedule
If you miss the first couple of weeks, you can contact us so we can schedule some makeup classes so that you can join the class, if there is room.
There are a total of 5 levels.
- Level 2 – Part A High Beginner – first 10 lessons of the French Book, Level 2
- Level 2 – Part B High Beginner – lessons 11 to 20 of the French Book, Level 2
- A minimum of 40 to 80 hours of French is recommended to join Level 2
- Level 3 – Part A Intermediate – lessons 1 to 10 of the French Book, Level 3
- Level 3 – Part B Intermediate – lessons 11 to 20 of the French Book, Level 3
- A minimum of 80 to 100 hours of French is recommended to join Level 3
- Level 4 – Part A High Intermediate – lessons 1 to 10 of the French Book, Level 4
- Level 4 – Part B High Intermediate – lessons 11 to 20 of the French Book, Level 4
- A minimum of 120 hours of French instruction is recommended to join Level 4
- Level 5 – Part A Advanced – lessons 1 to 10 of the French Book, Level 5
- Level 5 – Part B Advanced – lessons 11 to 20 of the French Book, Level 5
- A minimum of 180 to 200 hours of French instruction is recommended to join Level 5
Each part (Part A or Part B) takes 20 to 25 hours to complete. You are free to join any level you feel comfortable with. If you are not sure which level you are at, call us at 647.705.0626 so we can help you find the level you are at.
For higher levels or test preparation, we offer private classes for $35 per hour during the day, evening or weekends.
Classes are currently offered either at:
St Elizabeth Anglican Church 1051 Eglinton Ave W Mississauga, ON L5V 2W3
St Elizabeth Anglican Church
1051 Eglinton Ave W
Mississauga, ON L5V 2W3
Mississauga Central Library 301 Burnhamthorpe Rd West Mississauga, ON L5B 3Y3
Mississauga Central Library
301 Burnhamthorpe Rd West
Mississauga, ON L5B 3Y3
Please note that our French classes are independent and not associated with any of the programs offered by the Mississauga Central Library, therefore we kindly ask you to NOT CONTACT the Mississauga Central Library for more information. If you have any questions regarding our programs, payments, address, please contact us at 647-705-0626.
An email will be sent to you closer to the start of the class with the exact location.
Classes Following the Summer Program
After the completion of summer classes, the next group classes will be running in the Fall from September to December 2018. Please check back for the Fall schedule at the end of July. We offer adult group classes and adult private classes all year round.