Registration is now open for the Spring session (April – June 2018)
These 10-week classes are designed to give students a strong French-language foundation. You will have the opportunity to quickly master basic oral conversations and will have the liberty to thoroughly practice your French, thanks to our small class sizes (5 – 8 students per class). Our instructors will teach you will common vocabulary, proper pronunciation, various tenses, popular dialogues, regular/irregular verbs and good grammar (fem/masc, pronouns, demonstratives, etc.).
These intensive classes require students to regularly do their homework, memorize and revise their previous lessons. Students are expected to come prepared to class, as it is a challenging program because there is a lot to learn. Our experienced instructors help students to reach their full potential in these classes. The results are worth it and YES, you will be able to have a French conversation!
Our French Advanced Conversational Class requires a high intermediate to advanced level of French. This class will give you plenty of quality time to practice your conversational skills on various topics based on contemporary themes. You will be challenged to improve your language skills with various support, such as the use of text, audio interviews, news articles, songs and classical texts. If you’re interested in refining your French expressions and become more fluent in everyday conversation, this class will help you achieve this goal. We offer this class in a small interactive and social environment.
As space is limited due to the small teacher-student ratio, we encourage you to register sooner rather than later because all our adult classes fill up very fast!
The price is only $250 for 20 hours of instruction over a span of 10 weeks. The French book ($25 value) is included!
Spring 2018 Schedule
If you missed the first couple of weeks, you can contact us so we can schedule some makeup classes so that you can join the class, if there is room.
There are a total of 5 levels.
- Level 2 – Part A High Beginner – first 10 lessons of the French Book, Level 2
- Level 2 – Part B High Beginner – lessons 11 to 20 of the French Book, Level 2
- A minimum of 40 to 80 hours of French is recommended to join Level 2
- Level 3 – Part A Intermediate – lessons 1 to 10 of the French Book, Level 3
- Level 3 – Part B Intermediate – lessons 11 to 20 of the French Book, Level 3
- A minimum of 80 to 100 hours of French is recommended to join Level 3
- Level 4 – Part A High Intermediate – lessons 1 to 10 of the French Book, Level 4
- Level 4 – Part B High Intermediate – lessons 11 to 20 of the French Book, Level 4
- A minimum of 120 hours of French instruction is recommended to join Level 4
- Level 5 – Part A Advanced – lessons 1 to 10 of the French Book, Level 5
- Level 5 – Part B Advanced – lessons 11 to 20 of the French Book, Level 5
- A minimum of 180 to 200 hours of French instruction is recommended to join Level 5
Each part (Part A or Part B) takes 20 to 25 hours to complete. You are free to join any level you feel comfortable with. If you are not sure which level you are at, call us at 647.705.0626 so we can help you find the level you are at.
For higher levels or test preparation, we offer private classes for $35 per hour during the day, evening or weekends.
Classes are currently offered in Mississauga.
Mississauga Central Library
301 Burnhamthorpe Rd W
Classes Following the Spring Program
After the completion of winter classes, the next group classes will be running in the Summer from July to September 2018. Please check back for the Summer schedule in May. We offer adult group classes and adult private classes all year round.
Please call us at 647.705.0626 for further inquiries and/or to make payment arrangements. We accept credit card, cash or cheque.