Number of students helped with French classes in the last 5 years in Mississauga, Oakville and Brampton :
Private French Classes are the ideal experience to get a customized lesson that perfectly fits your needs. We teach Children and Adults, all levels and can prepare you for any programs (DELF, French certificate, IB preparation, gifted students, Core French, French Immersion, French schools, French Translation).
My French Club Tutors hires only highly qualified Native French teachers who have been carefully selected for their teaching experience, their great coaching skills and their know-how in instilling a love for learning French. They are able to teach various subjects (maths, science, social studies…) in French as well as critical thinking, time management and study skills.
We also searched around for the best French worksheet books! We now have them available for each of our student at My French Club at a minimal price of $20. These booklets contain close to 100 worksheets and are great at building grammar and comprehension skills. They are great for homework ! If you want a copy for your child, just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange the drop off of your booklet. Your child must be part of the club to have access to it.
Sample of a structured Tutoring Class (in three parts):
- Warm-up and Discussion and review/correction of the homework. (5 min)
- Academic Work: the priority is usually given to homework to build their confidence at school. We then focus on taking the student’s level to the next step with enrichment activities. The focus is given to improve reading, oral and writing skills at their grade level and beyond. (45 min)
- French Activity: we tap into the student’s interests and connect his/her interests to the French language. Activities would include for example online educational games, reading a story, online French exercises. (10 min)
- Private (1 student to 1 teacher) :$35 per hour
- Semi-Private (2 students to 1 teacher) :$25 per student/ per hour. Discount is available for family members.
- Group (3 students to 1 teacher): $15 per student/per hour.
For semi-private and group classes, all students must have a similar French Level and have a group already formed. We do not match students. The tutor will determine if the group works well together.
Location: We usually teach in the Mississauga and Brampton libraries and occasionally at the student’s home.
When: Monday to Sunday from 7 am to 8 pm, throughout the year, online or in person. We also teach during the Winter Break, March Break and Summer Break.
Students can sign up for the first hour with no commitment to ensure there is harmony between the tutor and the student. If all goes well, we then request a minimum commitment of 10 hours. Tutoring can occur as often as you wish, the minimum commitment being one tutoring session per week which is needed in order to have a continuity in the learning. Cancellation is possible with a 24 hour notice. Throughout the ten hours, the tutor communicates with the parent/student regarding his/her progress and discuss the strategies that can be put in place at home to support the learning.
Upon request a French Achievement Report could be issued at a cost of $40.
We also offer:
- An individualized lesson plan by matching a mentor with the right education, background and teaching style to guide each student towards success
- All ours Mentors must pass a criminal background check
- Contact with the student’s teacher if needed
- Flexible time slots to accommodate your family’s busy schedule
- More than 20 years of individualized and encouraging tutoring lessons
- Respect of your family’s needs and privacy
- Various payment options (interac, cash, cheque, scheduled payments available)
Book online to arrange your first paid trial class.
You may also contact us and we will set you up with one of our teacher within 24 hours.
Avoiding Conflict of Interest
All our teachers must avoid any activity that creates an actual or potential conflict of interest, and avoid any situation that may even present the appearance of a conflict of interest with My French Club. We ask you, that in order to safeguard our teacher’s contract, to refrain from requesting their services outside of My French Club. It also makes them feel very uncomfortable! Thank you.