were helped in the last 7 years in Mississauga, Oakville and Brampton
Private French classes are an ideal way to get a customized lesson that perfectly fits your child’s needs.We teach children and adults at all levels and can prepare you for any programs (DELF, French certificate, IB preparation, gifted students, Core French, French Immersion, French schools, French translation).
My French Club hires qualified Native French teachers who have been hand picked for their high level of knowledge, teaching experience, superb coaching skills and their ability to instill their love in French. They are able to teach French in various subjects (math, science, social studies, etc.), as well as exercise critical thinking, time management, and good study skills. My French Club offers our teachers hundred of French academic ressources to use with their students so they are equipped with the latest material.
If your child does not get homework or you just want a workbook for him/her, we have more than 30 French booklets for sale! These booklets contain close to 100 worksheets and are great at building good grammar and effective comprehension skills. If you want a copy for your child, just email us at email@example.com to arrange the drop off of your booklet. Your child must be part of one of My French Club’s programs to have access to it. Price is $20 only.
Structure of Tutoring Class
There are 3 main components of a tutoring class.
- Warm-up and discussion:
- with a review/correction of students’ homework (5 minutes)
- Academic work:
- homework is usually given priority to build students’ confidence at school. We then focus on taking the student’s level to the next step with enrichment activities. Focus is given to improve reading, oral and writing skills at their grade level and beyond (45 minutes)
- French activity:
- we find out what the students’ interests are and use that when teaching them the French language. Examples of activities would include online educational games, reading stories, online French exercises (10 minutes).
- Private (1 student to 1 teacher): $35 per hour. In-home Tutoring :$45 (very limited spots). Oakville In -home Tutoring: $45/hr
- Semi-Private (2 students to 1 teacher): $25 per student/per hour. Discount is available for family members. Oakville In -home Tutoring: $35/hr
- Group (3 students to 1 teacher): $15 per student/per hour. Oakville In -home Tutoring: $25/hr
For semi-private and group classes, all students must have a similar French Level and have a group already formed. Parents have to provide the group of students interested. We do not match students . The tutor will determine if the group works well together.
Location: Mississauga and Brampton libraries and occasionally at the student’s home (extra fee for in-home). Oakville’s tutoring is for the moment in-home.
When: Monday to Sunday from 7 am to 9 pm, throughout the year, online or in person. We also teach during the Winter Break, March Break and Summer Break.
Students can sign up for the first hour with no commitment to ensure there is harmony between the tutor and the student. If all goes well, we then request a minimum commitment of 10 hours. Tutoring can occur as often as you wish, the minimum commitment being one tutoring session per week which is needed in order to have a continuity in the learning. Cancellation is possible with a 24-hour notice. Throughout the ten hours, the tutor communicates with the parent/student regarding his/her progress and discusses the strategies that can be put in place at home to support the learning.
Upon request, a French Achievement Report could be issued at a price of $40.
- An individualized lesson plan by matching a mentor with the right education, background and teaching style to guide each student towards success
- French is the mother tongue of all our mentors
- Minimum of an undergraduate degree
- All our Mentors passed a criminal background check
- Prior tutoring or teaching experience
- Training is provided on an ongoing basis to ensure quality standards are maintained
- Great role models
- Contact with the student’s teacher
- Flexible time slots to accommodate your family’s busy schedule
- More than 20 years of individualized and encouraging tutoring lessons
- Respect of your family’s needs and privacy
- Various payment options (Interac e-transfer, cash, cheque, scheduled payments available). 5% extra for credit card payments.
The booking process is simple:
- Call us at 647-705-0626 for more information.
- Register online to arrange your first paid trial class.
- Within 24 hours we matched you with a tutor.
Avoiding Conflict of Interest
All our teachers must avoid any activity that creates an actual or potential conflict of interest and avoid any situation that may even present the appearance of a conflict of interest with My French Club. We ask you, that in order to safeguard our teacher’s contract, to refrain from requesting their services outside of My French Club. It also makes them feel very uncomfortable! Thank you.