In School French Leadership Training
French Language Training Bootcamp for High schoolers (grade 9, 10, 11 or 12), University Students and Adults
My French Club Foundation would like to offer a French Language Training Bootcamp (FLTB) that would introduce you to methods and techniques on how to be effective in teaching the French Language to non-French speaking children aged 5 to 15 years old so the latter group can retain and become fluent in French.
“Docendo discimus!” The best way to learn is to teach!
Our engaging training session will be delivered entirely in French and will cover the following:
- Responsibilities and duties of a French Instructor towards parents, children
- Ideas on Francophone culture learning experiences
- How to make learning French fun and appealing to young students
- Introduction to songs and dances to the tune of current popular French songs
- Leadership videos about problem-solving in a camp setup
- Coaching activities for leadership
- Sport/games ideas
- Techniques on how to maintain interest for continuous learning
- Effective reward systems to motivate children to continuously speak in French
We will train you by utilizing engaging and sensory resources on how to teach French as a second language effectively. By having all their senses stimulated, such as auditory through songs, taste through food games, sight through videos with subtitles, kinesthetic through dancing, the students would be fully engaged in their learning thus developing a greater interest towards French.
- Acquire skills to lead as a French Camp Mentor, Instructor, Director, Supervisor or Youth Leader
- Better equipped in dealing with younger students from 5 to 12 years old
- Reinforce their French skills (oral, written, listening, reading)
- Acquire innovative teaching methods and techniques
- New language qualification on their resume
- Hands-on training to be able to increase their chances of getting employment in this field and to test out if teaching is a career they would like to have
- Gain more perspective on different ways of learning
- Certificate of completion
St Elizabeth Anglican Church
1051 Eglinton Ave W
Dates Offered via My French Club Foundation for 2018-2019. NEW DATES TBA FOR 2019/2020
Friday December 14th, 2018 from 6pm to 9pm (FULL) Friday Feb 1st, 2019 from 6:30pm to 9:00pm (FULL) Saturday February 23rd, 2019 from 9:30am to 12:00pm(FULL) Saturday March 30th, 2019 from 9:30am to 12:00pm (FULL) Saturday April 27th, 2019 from 9:30am to 12:00pm (FULL) Friday May 24th, 2019 from 6:30pm to 9:00pm (FULL) Saturday June 15th, 2019 from 9:30am to 12:00pm (FULL)
2.5-hour session provided at no charge with light refreshments served.
Looking for in house training?
Yes, we can come to you. If you are interested in scheduling a training session at your school or organisation, please contact us at 647.705.0626 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. and we will set up a date and place that is convenient for everyone. Here are some of the benefits for your organization:
- Complimentary training lasting from 2 to 4 hours depending on the request.
- Enhance learning and overall performance of students by showing them various methods of learning French that they can incorporate into their own learning
- Provide more resources to the teachers already teaching French so that they can have more interactive and relevant activities and methods to increase participation and learning in the classroom
- Enrich your French programs offering
- Provide more hands-on training to students and real-life scenarios about teaching
My French Club Foundation is a non-profit organization composed of a team of passionate and enthusiastic Francophones educators who have a great positive attitude and outstanding coaching skills that we deliver to all our students. We offer a wide variety of French educational programs to children and adults and our programs are designed to help anyone with diverse French needs to achieve their goals. We are currently located in Mississauga and Oakville.